Get your daily roundup of cryptoasset and blockchain news in bite-sized bites – exploring the stories that fly under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Sift released its Q1 2023 Digital Trust and Security Index, which revealed a 45% increase in payment fraud attacks against crypto exchanges. It said nearly one in five (16%) consumers admit to having committed or know someone who has engaged in payment fraud. Likewise, 17% of consumers have encountered online offers to commit payment fraud. Consumer data was gathered from a survey of more than 1,000 American adults, and the report includes fraud data from Sift’s global network of 34,000 sites and apps.
- The Euler Finance the attacker transferred 1100 ETH ($1.8 million) to the crypto mixer Tornado Cash to launder stolen funds, according to on-chain data collected from the security company BlockSec. Alex Svanevik, co-founder and CEO of blockchain analytics firm Nansen, chirped breakdown of the last transactions made by the exploiter.
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York he rejected the government’s reasoning for the stop Binance.US‘ acquisition of a bankrupt brokerage company Voyager Digital. On March 15, a judge upheld his preliminary approval of Voyager’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan, including the sale of its assets to the stock market in an effort to restore liquidity to return customers their funds.
- Regulators on US Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) asked banks interested in taking over failed lenders Silicon Valley Bank and Bank of signatures submit bids by March 17, Reuters reported, citing people familiar with the matter. The FDIC intends to sell both SVB and Signature in their entirety, while bids for parts of the banks could be considered if a sale of the entire company does not occur.
- India and the UAE have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on central bank digital currency (CBDC) plans. According to the press release, the two countries will examine the interoperability of CBDCs between them Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates (CBUAE) and Reserve Bank of India (RBI). “The CBUAE and RBI will jointly conduct a proof of concept (PoC) and pilot(s) of a bilateral CBDC bridge to facilitate cross-border CBDC remittance and trade transactions,” it said.
- Xapo BankBitcoin custodian and licensed private bank, today announced that it has integrated with Faster payment system (FPS) to offer 24/7/365 fee-free funds settlement in the UK and overseas territories. The announcement stated that with the FPS integration, Xapo Bank members will be able to send up to £1 million in real time, directly from their US dollar account at Xapo Bank to banks in the UK and participating overseas territories, digital banks such as Wise and Revolution, and exchanges. Members can then deposit these funds in their local banks around the world.
- Shape functionnon-fungible token (NFT) market based on Saltworks blockchain, has announced its plans to shut down the platform. According to the announcement, Formfunction, which was launched in February 2022, will close on March 29. “Be sure to download your hashlist and remove any parts from the list beforehand, to ensure you can easily re-list them on another platform,” the team said.
- After 66% of voters supported the deployment in February, Uniswap Protocol v3 is active Chain BNB March 15. This expansion offers several significant benefits, including user growth, lower fees, access to new geographic markets, and more efficient and cost-effective trading options, according to the release.
- The Interchain Foundation (ICF), a Swiss non-profit organization that supports Cosmos ecosystem, announced successful launch Lambda upgrade from Cosmos Hubbringing new capabilities and performance improvements to intermediate chains, including Replicated Security. Informal systemschief associate to interchains, led the business and technical development of Replicated Security, the release states.
- Broker-dealer and crypto trading platform INX Digital announced his full support Polygon blockchain for secondary listings on INX. One. The latter is a regulated, end-to-end listing and trading platform US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registered security tokens and cryptocurrencies, according to a press release.
- Algorithmic trading platform CoinRoutes has announced that its fourth-generation business trading solution has been granted a US patent for the underlying technology architecture that powers its Distributed Cryptocurrency Smart Order Router with Cost Calculator. “The patent protects CoinRoutes’ distributed smart order routing technology, resulting in the most cost-effective and secure trading solution commercially available, combating exchange arbitrage and giving traders complete control over their assets,” the press release said.
Leave a Comment